For this exercise you will be starting with a pre-built set of HTML, CSS, and JS files. Please download the starter files.
What does the JS do?
To get started, open up the
Understanding the JS
Open up the
toggle_image_size.js file from the starter files (it will be in the
js folder). Within the file please read the code line by line and complete the following:
- Provide an explanation of what each line of the JS does as a comment within the code.
- Use online resources or peers to develop your explanation, but explanations must be in your own words.
- Make sure to include links or citations for any resources used to assemble your explanation.
You may add
Once done explaining the JS
Submit the JS file with your embedded explanation to the Canvas assignment.
Your submission is due before lecture on Nov 3.
This code exercise is worth 1% (1 point) of your final grade.
- 0.5 points for completing the exercise.
- 0.5 points for an understandable explanation.
- "use strict" (Kyle Simpson): An explanation of the what/why we might use
Exercise rules reminder
Please remember that the exercise rules still apply:
- You can use online resources, course materials, your TA, and lab-mates for support. This being said, others are not allowed to do your work for you. Also, if you are drawing from online resources, course materials, your TA or peers, you must;
- Cite any knowledge that is not yours in a comment in the code. The internet is a huge repository of information and you are welcome to use it, but you must let us know when something does not originate from your own knowledge.
- If work has been copied without citation the exercise grade will be zero. Please make sure to include comments indicating where you had assistance or learned.