HTML exercise (due Sept 22)
Given your first project requires you to build out a complete style guide including a series of elements, your first exercise is to build out the HTML for a portion of your style guide. To help guide you in this process — and to introduce you to the in-lab exercises for the course — we have some basic rules to set up.
- You can use online resources, course materials, your TA, and lab-mates for support. This being said, others are not allowed to do your work for you. Also, if you are drawing from online resources, course materials, your TA or peers, you must;
- Cite any knowledge that is not yours in a comment in the code. The internet is a huge repository of information and you are welcome to use it, but you must let us know when something does not originate from your own knowledge.
- If work has been copied without citation the exercise grade will be zero. Please make sure to include comments indicating where you had assistance or learned.
For this coding task you will be building out a portion of the HTML (no styling) for the style guide. Please complete the following before lecture on Sept 22:
- Using the style guide template as a starting point, build out the following elements in HTML only;
- An in-text link
- A text input field and a label
- An image that links to another URL
- Four levels of heading
- A paragraph
- Add comments through-out the code to indicate what resources you drew upon to complete the exercise
- Validate the page using the HTML Validator (W3C) to find any errors or potential problems in your markup.
- Please upload your file to your SFU filespace and submit the URL to the Canvas assignment.
Your submission is due before lecture on Sept 22.
This code exercise is worth 1% (1 point) of your final grade.
- 0.75 points for completing the exercise.
- 0.25 points for validated code.