Remember you only need to complete five reflections over the term. There are ten available.
While reading or after reading "Our Own Bias (Chapter 4)" (Thomas, 2020) please highlight portions of the text that you do not understand or find confusing.
Once done highlighting, please:
- Select one highlight that you did not understand or found confusing.
- Explain why you do not understand or find it confusing.
- Find another resource that you believe explains this concept further or better.
- Using your own words or a sketch, please briefly try to explain the item you found confusing.
Your responses can be submitted anytime before the lecture on June 15 to the reading reflection on Canvas.
This reading reflection is worth 4% (4 points) of your final grade.
- 0.5 points for submitting your reading with highlights of difficult to understand or confusing portions.
- 0.5 points for clearly citing which one highlighted portion of the text you are referring to.
- 1.25 points for clearly explaining why you do not understand or find the highlighted portion confusing.
- 0.5 points for citing another resource that explains this concept further or better.
- 1.25 points for briefly trying to explain the concept in words or a sketch.