Team Contract Builder
This team contract will allow you to tailor it before submission. Please look for highlighted portions that will indicate what you can or cannot change.
This team agreement must be reviewed by the teaching team and signed by all team members before next week. This is an agreement about how team members will treat each other, address problems and resolve conflicts. Remember:
- Every member is responsible for the team's progress and success.
- Every member is responsible for attending classes and team meetings on time.
- Every member is responsible for conceptualization and development of the project.
Please define how you will keep in contact and what reasonable timelines for responses will be.
Time & Responsibilities
Please define when you will meet on a (at minimum) weekly basis as well as team member responsibilities.
Please define what 'evidence' can be used to demonstrate a team member is not fulfilling this agreement.
Team Conflict Agreement Protocol
If a team member repeatedly fails to meet the ground rules set by the team, other members of the team are expected to take the following actions:
- Benefit of the Doubt: Contact the team member in a face-to-face meeting or professional email and respectfully express the team’s concerns. Be specific about the concerns by referring to the Team Contract. Inquire into the circumstances surrounding the team member’s behaviour and request a specific and detailed response within hours.
- Request Instructor Support: If the issue is not resolved to the satisfaction of the team, appoint one team member to contact Andrew and Stanley. Clearly state the problem, and outline what has been done to address and solve the conflict (in step 1). The teaching team will contact the member and further inquire into the situation.
- Request for Removal: If the issue is not resolved quickly, team members will outline the problem, detailing the requirements not met and outline their attempts at resolving the conflict prior to the request for removal. If group members do not fulfill their obligations to the team, such members can be removed from the team by the course instructor.
In the unusual event that there are problems with all team members, the entire team may be disbanded by the instructor. In the event that an individual(s) is removed from the team, they will be expected to continue the project on their own with no extensions. This same course of action will be followed if an entire team needs to be disbanded.
As team members for this project, we understand that by signing this document we are agreeing to attend all scheduled team meetings — in and out of class time — as well as meet all deliverable deadlines and keep in regular contact — at least everyhours — with our team.
We understand that if group members do not fulfill their obligations to the team, such members can be removed from the team by the course instructor. In the event that an individual is removed from the team, that individual will be expected to complete the project on their own with no extensions.
In the event of any team related problems that cannot be resolved within the team, we agree to follow the Team Conflict Agreement Protocol before arranging a face-to-face meeting with Andrew Hawryshkewich.
Once you have filled in all the necessary fields (including those below), please print this to PDF and submit it with your team name in the file name to https://ah1.ca/438p2