In this week's lecture we will review your initial prototypes and talk about validating or invalidating your ideas.
Please load up your presentations on the computer at the front and sign-up for a timeslot.
Each group will have ten minutes of presentation and critique time.
Reading & Markup
Please read through today's reading and highlight the following:
- What are the pieces of the author's argument or claim?
- What are the pieces of the responder's argument or claim?
Do not stop to note down why, just highlight and move on.
You have 15 minutes.
You have 20 minutes to complete the exercise. Please bring to the front once done.
We want to collect feedback on your initial prototypes. To help with this, your workshop outline should include:
- What is the goal of the workshop?
- What role will each team member play?
- Where will the test take place?
- How will the test be delivered? What might the schedule be?
You have 15 minutes to work with your team on putting this together.
Remember that we need to ask permission. If you are going to take photos or record use, you must update the consent form to reflect so.
You have 15 minutes to review and update the consent form for testing this week.
Grading this Week
Grading and comments will be a bit slower to appear this week.
Please expect comments and grades sometime between Wednesday evening to Thursday evening.
We will be selecting project briefs and teammates for the second project. Please chat with some folks you may want to work with over the coming week.
We can provide the brief, or you can provide your own. There is a template on Canvas if you would like to provide your own.
Bring to Next Lecture
Ensure you bring a print-out of the next reading Selections from The Inevitable (Kelly, 2017) for us to read.
- Office hours — Tuesdays from 2:30-3:20pm and Thursdays from 9:30-10:20am at the Surrey campus mezzanine.