Reading reflection #9 (due Nov. 25)
On this page:
This is old content
Andrew is not currently teaching IAT-235. This material is left online for reference only.
While reading or after reading "Compose (Chapter 2)" (Kubie, 2018) please highlight sentences in the text that you believe are part of the argument or claims of the author.
Once done highlighting, please:
- State what you believe the author is claiming.
- Describe how the author makes and/or supports their claim with three examples.
Your responses can be submitted anytime before the lecture on Nov. 25 to the reading reflection on Canvas.
This reading reflection is worth 5% (5 points) of your final grade.
- 0.5 points for submitting your reading with highlights as requested above.
- 1.5 points for a clear, concise and appropriate statement of what the author is claiming.
- 3 points are given for three examples and descriptions of how the author makes and/or supports their claim (1 points per example and description). Examples use a standard citation format and indicating a page or paragraph number.
How reflections work
Just a reminder about how reflections work:
- You only need to complete two reflections over the term.
- There are nine available.
- You may complete up to three reflections and the lowest grade will be dropped.