Reading reflection #3 (due Oct. 7)
On this page:
This is old content
Andrew is not currently teaching IAT-235. This material is left online for reference only.
While reading or after reading "Principles of Cross-Cultural Design (Chapter 2)" (Akpem, 2020) please highlight sentences in the text that you believe are part of the argument or claims of the author.
Once done highlighting, please:
- State what you believe the author is claiming using at least two highlights as examples.
- State if you believe this author's argument influences your work as a designer, developer, or otherwise.
- Explain why you believe it influences (or does not influence) your work.
Your responses can be submitted anytime before the lecture on Oct. 7 to the reading reflection on Canvas.
This reading reflection is worth 5% (5 points) of your final grade.
- 0.5 points for submitting your reading with highlights as requested.
- 1.5 points are given for clearly stating what you believe the author is claiming using at least two highlights as examples using a standard citation format and indicating a page or paragraph number.
- 3 points are given for a clear and on-topic explanation of if you believe this author's argument influences your work in a specific role (i.e. designer, developer, etc) and why you believe it influences (or does not influence) your work.
How reflections work
Just a reminder about how reflections work:
- You only need to complete two reflections over the term.
- There are nine available.
- You may complete up to three reflections and the lowest grade will be dropped.