Reading reflection #2 (due Sept. 23)
On this page:
This is old content
Andrew is not currently teaching IAT-235. This material is left online for reference only.
How reflections work
Just a reminder about how reflections work:
- You only need to complete two reflections over the term.
- There are nine available.
- You may complete up to three reflections and the lowest grade will be dropped.
While reading or after reading "Gestalt Principles (98-115), Framing (116-127)" (Lupton, 2015) please highlight sentences in the text that you do not understand or find confusing.
Once done highlighting, please:
- Select one highlight that you did not understand or found confusing.
- Explain why you do not understand or find it confusing.
- Find another resource that you believe explains this concept further or better.
- Using your own words and/or a sketch, please try to explain the item you found confusing.
Your responses can be submitted anytime before the lecture on Sept. 23 to the reading reflection on Canvas.
This reading reflection is worth 5% (5 points) of your final grade.
- 0.5 points for submitting your reading with highlights as requested.
- 0.75 points for clearly citing which one highlighted portions of the text you are referring to using a standard citation format and indicating a page or paragraph number.
- 2 points for clearly explaining why you do not understand or find the highlighted portion confusing.
- 0.75 points for citing another resource that explains this concept further or better using a standard citation format.
- 1 point for explaining the concept in words and/or a sketch.