How to Upload Files to SFU
Below are instructions on setting up Cyberduck to FTP files to SFU. We are not using Filezilla for this tutorial as changes to the SFU FTP service have made it more difficult to use this client in particular.
Library laptops and campus computers will already have Cyberduck installed. Sorry for the change, but due to changes to SFU's FTP service Filezilla makes it a bit harder for you to upload files that will load/run easily.
Create a New Bookmark
- Protocol: The protocol should be set to SFTP, unlike FTP-SSL which we specified earlier. Recent changes to the SFU FTP server mean that FTP-SSL will not reliably work.
- Nickname: Give the bookmark a nickname meaningful to you.
- Server: Should read ftp.sfu.ca
- Username: This will be your computing ID.
- Password: This will be your computing password.
Once done applying all those settings, close the bookmark setup window.
Open the New Bookmark and Connect
Accept the Fingerprint
SFTP Uploads and Permission Issues
We need to set up Cyberduck to automatically change the file permissions when it uploads them to ensure we do not end up with forbidden files.
Setting File Permissions
If Issues Persist