CSS Exercise (due Oct. 31)
This is old content
Andrew is not currently teaching IAT-235. This material is left online for reference only.
This week's exercise has you styling a portion of your HTML elements made last week using CSS.
Using your last week's exercise deliverables as a starting point, apply the following styling to the guide using a linked CSS file.
- Change the default font.
- Add space between the elements you have built.
- Add a different hover and focus state styling to the in-text link.
- Add a different hover and focus state styling to the image inside a link.
- Shorten the default width of the
<p>element, but ensure it is still responsive when the viewport shrinks.
Once done styling the guide
- Add comments through-out the code to indicate what resources you drew upon to complete the exercise.
- Validate the page using the CSS Validator (W3C) to find any errors or potential problems in your stylesheets.
- Please collect all your files into a ZIP file for submission to the Canvas assignment.
Your submission is due to Canvas before midnight on Oct. 31.
This code exercise is worth 1% (1 point) of your final grade.
- 0.75 points for completing the exercise.
- 0.25 points for validated code.
Exercise rules reminder
Please remember that the exercise rules still apply:
- You can use online resources, course materials, your TA, and lab-mates for support. This being said, others are not allowed to do your work for you. Also, if you are drawing from online resources, course materials, your TA or peers, you must;
- Cite any knowledge that is not yours in a comment in the code. The internet is a huge repository of information and you are welcome to use it, but you must let us know when something does not originate from your own knowledge.
- If work has been copied without citation the exercise grade will be zero. Please make sure to include comments indicating where you had assistance or learned.