Framing Sketch (due Sept. 19)
On this page:
This is old content
Andrew is not currently teaching IAT-235. This material is left online for reference only.
Working within the constraints for Sept. 16 to Sept. 23 of P1 you will be generating sketches to explore framing. Each sketch must show a series of three panels, and be no larger than 4" wide. Select one image from the project to work with in your sketches.
Please label each sketch:
- Sketch a layout that uses a full or partial bleed image.
- Sketch a layout that uses three separate framed pieces of the image.
- Sketch a layout that uses the image as a frame for text.
- Sketch a layout that places text legibly over an image.
Once done, please scan or photograph your sketches for submission as one JPG file. You are allowed to use this exercise as part of your project.
Your submission is due to Canvas before midnight on Sept. 19.
This reading reflection is worth 1% (1 point) of your final grade.
- 0.25 points for submitting a hand-rendered sketch.
- 0.25 points for submitting a readable sketch (clear scan or photograph).
- 0.5 points for following the instructions and completing the requested sketch(es).