Reading reflection #2 (due Sept 13)
How reflections work
Just a reminder about how reflections work:
- You only need to complete two reflections over the term.
- There are eight available.
- You may complete up to three reflections and the lowest grade will be dropped.
While reading or after reading "Selections from" (Pater, 2019) please highlight sentences in the text that you do not understand or find confusing.
Once done highlighting, please:
- Select two highlights that you did not understand or found confusing.
- Briefly explain what or why each highlight was difficult to understand or found confusing.
If you are unable to find highlights you do not understand or find confusing, please complete the following instead:
- Select two highlights that evoked a strong response from you.
- Explain what was your response and why each highlight evoked a strong response.
Your responses can be submitted anytime before the end of lecture on Sept 13 to Andrew in class.
This reading reflection is worth 5% (5 points) of your final grade.
- 0.5 points for submitting your reading with highlights as requested.
- 1 point for clearly citing which two highlighted portions of the text you are referring to by including a quote and/or indicating a page or paragraph number (0.5 points per portion cited).
- 3.5 points for an explanation of what and why each highlight selected was difficult to understand or confusing (1.75 points per explanation).