This website (andrewh.ca), related domains (andrewh.pro, ah1.ca), and subdomains (i.e. iat235.andrewh.ca, iat339.andrewh.ca, etc) — referred to as 'site' from now on — collects some information from you to try and better structure the site over time.
What is Collected
In order to help improve this site over time, this site makes use of Matomo to collect and organize analytics information. A complete list of all the items Matomo tracks is available on their website. This site tracks:
- User IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Title of the page being viewed (Page Title)
- URL of the page being viewed (Page URL)
- URL of the page that was viewed prior to the current page (Referrer URL)
- Screen resolution being used
- Time in local user's timezone
- Files that were clicked and downloaded (How Matomo tracks Downloads)
- Links to an outside domain that were clicked (How Matomo tracks Outlinks)
- Pages generation time (the time it takes for webpages to be generated by the webserver and then downloaded by the user: How Matomo tracks Page speed)
- Location of the user: country, region, city (How Matomo tracks Geolocation)
- Main Language of the browser being used (Accept-Language header)
- User Agent of the browser being used (User-Agent header)
- For teaching-related materials, additional variables embedded in URLs to help understand student use of the website (How Matomo tracks Campaign Variables)
Anonymization & Security
Data and access to the site is anonymized and secured via the following:
- Your IP address — a unique identifier of you on the web — is cut in half. This means if your IP is 123.456.789.102, the site will record it as 123.456.XXX.XXX.
- Your connection to this site will prefer the use of the secure HTTPS protocol over the insecure HTTP protocol.
If you have enabled 'Do Not Track' in your browser you have already opted out; the site knows to respect your wishes and will not track you. If you have 'Do Not Track' disabled you can use the form below to opt out.
Retention of Data
Old data will be removed from the system after 365 days (1 year).
Questions or Concerns?